Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pathways

While doing self care the other day,
I wrote down a roadblock in my life.
~my rebellious nature~
Knowing art heals I did this little piece.

In this meadow I wrote my angst then covered it with grass.
I take the path less traveled.
Blaze my own trail....
Is it the best path? Probably not always.
But it is my path and has been good one.
I do not follow well.
Some friendships are under developed because
I can't seem to go with the program.
I never could follow a religion or someone else's beliefs.
However...
My spirit thrives.
The Meadowlark sings in my heart.

This fits the Sketchbook theme this month of pathways.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful. and yes. it is the best path, because it is yours xoxo I would follow it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you, Gemma, are blazing the path I want to wander down. As always, you are an inspiration...as an artist and a human. I ♥ U !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gemma, this is a priceless bit of you and I'm lucky to be getting to know you through your blog. This piece is just fabulous and especially knowing the thoughts behind it.

    ReplyDelete