Saturday, December 11, 2010

Peaceful Interlude


sharing a quiet moment with a Cactus Wren
Thich Nhat Hanh reminded us to be present in every moment to find peace and joy.
PEACE is the theme at Inspiration Avenue this week.


Peace is Every Step

Peace is every step.
The shining red sun is my heart.
Each flower smiles with me.
How green, how fresh all that grows.
How cool the wind blows.
Peace is every step.
It turns the endless path to joy. 

The Collected Poems of Thich Nhat Hanh. Parallax Press

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the poem...I love it! Like a perfect little prayer...the shining red sun is my heart :) I have to copy this down!
    Oh. That little bird! I wonder what it would feel like to hold and pet him.
    Big hug, Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. Beautiful combo, Gemma. I feel refreshed now, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gemma, I was here earlier and couldn't leave a comment. Now Blogger seems to have fixed itself and I can tell you how much I like your peaceful interlude photo and poem. Great combination for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely depiction of peace, in image and words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very pretty! (And peaceful!) Lovely moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the photo and poem. You must be in one of the regions that has no snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the poem, AND the bird photo! Peace was my chosen word for 2010. Peace within as well as thru the world. I think I will keep it for 2011 also. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. our job: to LOOK for the peace in every moment and SINK INTO IT. Lovely thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful poem, Gemma....thanks for sharing. Great pic...I LOVE wrens!

    ReplyDelete