Sunday, February 6, 2011

SHINE

Yesterday I painted a glittery girl with bright and shining colors.
A gold face and pink hair. I put stars in her eyes and a sun in her heart.
I painted her from a glossy magazine ad.(see previous post)
She wasn't true
It was an artificial shine.
Today I present to Inspiration Avenue my other SHINE painting.
It shines with:
~truth
~years of kindness shine from her soul
~bad memories have been polished and changed to lessons learned
~her forgiveness sparkles
~Love radiates from this old woman.
~Courage twinkles in her eyes.
~Her warm hugs let you know she has a heart of gold.

KEEP SHINING EVERYONE.

12 comments:

  1. I really like this especially with the accompanying words. The headscarf is beautiful & I love the way just a tiny bit of hair peeps out. Very clever.

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right that this face is more real than the other one (I went back to peek) because this one has life written all over it. I love the accompanying words, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, she is definitely full of character which shines from her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the other one - see my comment :)
    but this one is yes.. true to life here xo she is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes.
    we are kindred spirits. willing to look into the heart of the heart. the soul of the soul of the soul....
    lovely and true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT is where I'm heading, Gemma; that is my destination. I have a ways to go but oh what a lovely journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful thoughts and lovely face, Gemma. I can only hope someone...anyone...looks at me the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gemma...oh my.. she is gorgeous, spirited and wise..I love the energy shining from her eyes and beautiful heart! Gorgeous colors..beautiful words and wisdom you ahve shared! Shine on!!
    And thankyou for your beautiful kind words
    Hugs
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete