Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Birds of a feather
or feathers of a bird

Yay! I was so happy to find these beautiful blue and gold Macaw feathers in the mail. They were sent to me from my friend Judie Macawhead. The feathers are from her bird Wee.

Wee is molting now.
Have you ever seen feathers painted with scenery and designs?
Judie asked me if I'd like to try painting on Wee's molted feathers.
What an honor, I said "Yes"!
Now that I have these feathers here I don't know if I want to paint anything on them they are so beautiful. Judie is going to paint some too.
Lets see what we can do.....
more later.

9 comments:

  1. Oh I know, they are so beautiful. I wonder what paint will do to them? They are wonderful. What a nice gift your friend sent you. Well, if you do paint them, I sure do look forward to seeing them. Have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Gemma........they are stunning........almost irridecent (sp?).......i don't think i'd paint them however i'm sure whatever you come up with will be awesome!

    Thanks for your comment about the nude white rock chics calendar.

    Love ya,
    Violette xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rich, vibrant colors! I can't imagine trying to paint on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This sounds like a monumental feat if you can pull it off Gemma. That said, I know that if anyone can do this, you can! I can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so beautiful. Mother Nature sure knows her complementary colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful challenge for you both. Can't wait to see how they turn out.
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see what you come up with...and Judie, too. Please post them...perhaps on "A Place of Our Own" as well as here!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool idea! Hee hee...that Mz. Wee shhe will be so puffed up when she sees her special feathers painted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omigosh. Painted feathers! I've never seen such. These feathers are so beautiful in their natural state, I could not bear to paint them until I had a lot more. The link you provided is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete