Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Eagles
Last night Lee and I went to see the Eagles in concert.
It's been a while since we've been to a rock concert.
The music was awesome. They can sing in tune with the best of them.

It was an older crowd of people. Honestly we saw more white headed folks. These weren't the bubble headed bleach blonds,the Eagles sing about. There was a sold out crowd of aging hippies. We were afraid maybe while shaking our tail feathers we might throw a hip out.
When did it happen? When did we get old?
When did I start getting tired by 10:30 p.m.?

Well At least we can still can enjoy a good show.
The Eagles rocked!!!

9 comments:

  1. I wish I knew when we got old... glad to read that you had a good time xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! You made me laugh, Gemma. Tired by 10:30? You still go longer in a day than I do! LOLOL I love the Eagles...Desperado...Lyin' Eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Eagles are one of my favorite groups....and Desperado is an all-time fav of mine. Sounds like you had a fun evening and stayed out past your bedtime!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! All that white hair is a sign of wisdom (crown of glory). May we all get old gracefully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I would love to see the Eagles in concert. They've been to Fargo but I couldn't afford to go. I would love to see them play the extended version of "Hotel California". I used to think that was a weird song but now I love it. No one (them or us) is too old to rock out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Eagles. I guess I got old too:) Tee Hee, but I know a good group when I hear them. I have their albums from "those" days. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the HOtel California!!!! I love old people...cause I'm gettin there! I'm one of the young olds. :)
    On the cusp of old. Especially after hanging out a the local high school the other day (with a girls group doing manicures) and boy did I feel OLD.
    But the Eagles DO rock, and I'm so proud of you for going to the show and staying up past your bedtime. Speaking of...it's mine! Nighty night.
    Love you Gem! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the Eagles, I bet you had the greatest time. When I went to see Loggins and Messina last year the crowd was the same...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, LOVE The Eagles!! Best of My Love was one of my favourite songs. What a great concert it would have been!

    ReplyDelete